cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikethebake
Engaged Sweeper
I need to take a few random screenshots of a user doing suspicious things remotely. There used to be a feature for screengrab. I cannot seem to find and set it up under actions. Any idea where it might be or how to get it to work? Or did it get removed? If so where can I find the software to do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The Remote Screenshot executable was removed from our installer because too many anti-virus software packages were mislabeling it as a threat. We no longer develop or provide support for this tool. If you would still like to download it, please contact support@lansweeper.com for a download link.

To use the tool as a custom action:
• Copy screengrab.exe to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server.
• Add the entry below to your Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages.
{actionpath}screengrab.exe {computer} /AP

You can use the /NP parameter as well, if you prefer.
/NP means No Permission: the target machine is not asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.
/AP means Ask Permission: the target machine is asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The Remote Screenshot executable was removed from our installer because too many anti-virus software packages were mislabeling it as a threat. We no longer develop or provide support for this tool. If you would still like to download it, please contact support@lansweeper.com for a download link.

To use the tool as a custom action:
• Copy screengrab.exe to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server.
• Add the entry below to your Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages.
{actionpath}screengrab.exe {computer} /AP

You can use the /NP parameter as well, if you prefer.
/NP means No Permission: the target machine is not asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.
/AP means Ask Permission: the target machine is asked for permission before starting the Remote Screenshot session.