cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ips
Engaged Sweeper
We have an enterprise license with scanning servers in multiple time zones. In general things work, but the reporting and results look weird in that the entries of last seen users and assets are both recording in scanning local time and thus recently scanned results can end up in the middle of the lists.
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The widget is simply sorting the assets based on last seen date, so what it is doing is technically "correct". The date/time stored in the database and used in the widget is the date/time of the last successful computer scan according to the date/time settings of the scanning server.

There are no immediate plans to change the widget. You can always create a report to show the customized view you are after (e.g. last seen assets in specific locations) and add the report to your dashboard using the Data Report widget.
WPS
Engaged Sweeper
What you are stating in your opinion is correct of course and in the way the widget is programmed it’s “expected behaviour” too. However in the Real World (customers perspective) we would like to see the last scanned asset in these views and not an asset scanned hours ago in another time zone.
In my opinion it’s reasonable and acceptable to change the behaviour of the widget by showing the last asset with data/time information from the last successful computer scan. Basically nothing will change in the information compared with what you see now; only the real last asset is on top of the queue then. The workaround you offered is suitable and by building my own reports I can get all information in the way I want; the information on the main screen however still doesn’t show the information it should.
It may well be our posts/requests and Lansweepers answer isn’t on the same level though.

Kind Regards,
WPS
Engaged Sweeper
Same problem here in Europe. Multiple scanning servers in different time-zones. BST(+1),CEST (+2),GST (+4),HKT (+8). So the Last Seen Assets Widget is only showing the last scanned assets in Hong Kong. Almost useless of course. The widget should however show the real “Last” seen asset as it is all over the scanning servers. If it shows the local time then that’s ok but better would be showing UTC/GMT time with time difference.
We do not use lspush.

See attached screen dump showing only entries from ASIA (GMT+8), local time in Europe 01:00h PM. So I do see future times. (07:19h PM)

Thanks,

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
WPS wrote:
Same problem here in Europe. Multiple scanning servers in different time-zones. BST(+1),CEST (+2),GST (+4),HKT (+8). So the Last Seen Assets Widget is only showing the last scanned assets in Hong Kong. Almost useless of course. The widget should however show the real “Last” seen asset as it is all over the scanning servers. If it shows the local time then that’s ok but better would be showing UTC/GMT time with time difference.
We do not use lspush.

See attached screen dump showing only entries from ASIA (GMT+8), local time in Europe 01:00h PM. So I do see future times. (07:19h PM)

You sent an email about this as well. Your question was not related to LsPush. As explained last week via email:
The “last seen” date is the date/time of the last successful computer scan, according to the date/time settings of the scanning server. This is expected behavior. We would recommend using the Scanserver Assets Overview widget to view assets scanned by a specific scanning server. You can sort the “last seen” column from there.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you confirm that the "jumping with times" only happens when you scan with lspush?
stephane_gelle
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I meet the same problem with scans run from Australian east cost to US west coast.

Is there something planned to be released to add a GMT gap somewhere and thus permit an efficient classifying on date/time?

Thx in advance.
ips
Engaged Sweeper
The problem I'm having is that last seen assets and last seen users jumps all over the place based on which scanning server is adding the entry... ie... entries from the west coast get dumped in the middle of the list.

If everything ran based on GMT it wouldn't be an issue to display in a local timezone and allow for better event correlation across timezones etc.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most data uses the datetime of the sql server except for:
User logons.
Eventviewer data.
Uptime data.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now