Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daigls
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

we have the following problem.

LanSweeper 5.1.0.60

Using scanning methods, IP address range schedule scanning works fine.

That´s what i can see live in the scanning queue.

But when i checked some workstations from the scanned ip range, there are a lot of outdated or failed IP range scan information under scan times.

Any idea
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Then the machine wasn't scanned by IP Address Range Scanning. If other scanning methods are able to scan the machine, our first guess would be that you've ticked the No Windows checkbox for your IP ranges (in which case no Windows computers will be scanned by IP Address Range Scanning).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Then the machine wasn't scanned by IP Address Range Scanning. If other scanning methods are able to scan the machine, our first guess would be that you've ticked the No Windows checkbox for your IP ranges (in which case no Windows computers will be scanned by IP Address Range Scanning).
daigls
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

For example

Under "scanning methods" the schedule of IP address range works fine.
Last scan date 21/08/2014
In that IP range is a Workstation W01234

If i check the asset information "scan time" of this Workstations (W01234), there is an old date (20/05/2014) or "Never" under Last IP Range Scan"

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We're not sure we understand the question/issue:
- Are you seeing scanning errors on the client machine's Lansweeper webpage? If so, refer to this troubleshooting guide: http://lansweeper.com/kb/1/troubleshooting-guide.html
- Are you concerned because not all scan items in the client machine's Scan Time tab have the same scan date/time listed? This is expected behavior. Keep in mind that most scanning methods, including IP Address Range Scanning, respect the item wait times found in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Item Wait Time. By default, IP Address Range Scanning only rescans BIOS information every 30 days for instance. More info on wait times can be found on page 82 and beyond of our online documentation: http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf