cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Did the .59 or .63 patch in inadvertently set a default value of 20 days to "Set assets to non-active if not seen in the last.. " and Permanently delete assets not seen in the last ... "? I installed 5.1.0.63 yesterday and was running on 5.1.0.59 before that and that is not how I had those values configured previously. This is definitely a new issue for me, users computers that I know just recently returned from extended leave have been recently discovered as "new" assets but it should have taken 60 days to mark them non-active and 180 to delete them. These users are usually gone 30-60 days.

Its lucky I noticed it but its unfortunate. I needed to look something up today for an executive that was on an extended vacation and noticed all of his historical data is gone then looked up other users I know were gone more that 30 days and their systems were "new" again too. The Computer: New computers found in the last 7 days report has 57 items in it and there is no way that many new computers have been deployed in the last 7 days.

If that was not triggered by a patch would that setting being changed be recorded in the database in any way? That would give me a time frame to decide if I want to restore the DB to a point in time before then to get the data back. That would also clue me into weather another person on the team made the change without consulting me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I did a check and this setting wasn't changed in any upgrade in the last two years.

Someone must have changed the values manually but this change isn't recorded in the database.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Thanks for checking! I didn't think that would have been the case. Permissions are a lot tighter on the scan server now.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I did a check and this setting wasn't changed in any upgrade in the last two years.

Someone must have changed the values manually but this change isn't recorded in the database.