Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
it would be good if there was a option of useing msSQL or MySQL database
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There are no plans to support additional database servers. The Lansweeper database can be hosted in:
- SQL Compact.
- SQL Server 2000, SP3 and any more recent SQL Server version. All editions (Standard, Express...) are supported.
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
ok no problems i just have to convert the app from php to asp.net witch dosent look very stright forward sorry to be a pain and keep asking about it
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
I know your going to hate me for bringing this up again but is there any chance of a odbc based version of lansweeper the reason i ask is i have a helpdesk app that i have devloped running on a mysql database and i would rearly like to use the data from lansweeper without haveing to do a bit of a work around and connect to another database
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sbartley wrote:
I know your going to hate me for bringing this up again but is there any chance of a odbc based version of lansweeper the reason i ask is i have a helpdesk app that i have devloped running on a mysql database and i would rearly like to use the data from lansweeper without haveing to do a bit of a work around and connect to another database

To be honest: it's never going to happen because of the free sql express versions of Microsoft (4 GB database is ok 99% of the users)
danman
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
sbartley wrote:

To be honest: it's never going to happen because of the free sql express versions of Microsoft (4 GB database is ok 99% of the users)

Has there been any changes towards this? We have 6,000~ PCs, and hundreds of network printers but now we're running into size limitations. While 10GB from the free MS alternatives would remedy this it'd be nice to have access to more than 1GB of memory for the DB.

Sorry to dig up an old thread and thanks in advance!