cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianraley
Engaged Sweeper III
Please either add more custom fields or consider adding some of the following list to the built-in fields:

VAR:
LastPhysMaint:
LastVirusScan:
LastSoftMaint:
DateDeployed:
Date Encrypted:
LastServerHC-OMSA:
Asset Grade:
Asset Date Retired:
HDD S/N:
HDD M/N:
HDD Date Secured:
HDD Date Destroyed:
HDD Destruction Cert#:
HDD Vendor/Make:
HDD Phys Type:
HDD Phys Size:
HDD Phys Speed:
HDD Server/Port:
HDD RAID Type:
HDD Virtual Disk#:
Purchase Cost:

(I'd also be interested in seeing what everyone else is using for their custom fields)

Thank you for the consideration...
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The serials listed under Config/Disk/Harddisk are the serials of the logical disks, not the serials of the physical disks. Lansweeper pulls most data from WMI, Windows Management Instrumentation. A list of scanned WMI classes can be found in the web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Item Wait Time.
- Config/Disk/Harddisk pulls from Win32_LogicalDisk. More info on this class can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394173%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
- Config/Disk/Diskdrive pulls from Win32_DiskDrive. More info on this class can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394132%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

You can query WMI directly by running commands on the client machine. E.g. run the command below on a client machine and open the resulting lansweepertest.txt file to view data stored in Win32_DiskDrive. If Lansweeper is reporting serial X, that is what is stored in WMI. There is not much we can do if WMI is providing inaccurate data.

c:\>wmic path Win32_DiskDrive >lansweepertest.txt
brianraley
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you that helped to find the correct information... Just curious, what is the disk/harddrive S/N picking up then? Maybe as a suggestion both could somehow be re-labeled so that harddrive is actually the HDD.

That said, I added the tblFloppy.SerialNumber to my master report however only about 1/2 of the S/Ns were populated and a handful of those with some questionable results i.e. one of the S/Ns came back "F". I also have 1 asset that is showing up 3 times (Vostro V131) with mixed results that are highlighted in the attached picture. Any ideas on these issues?

Thanks again!

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You are not looking at the physical drive information, which is listed under Config/Disk/Diskdrive (not Config/Disk/Harddisk).
brianraley
Engaged Sweeper III
The serial number of the hard drive captured by Lansweeper is not the actual physical S/N.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The serial number of the hard drive is already scanned. You can find it on the page config/disk/disk drive on the asset page. We will add the other fields to our wishlist. But we cannot assure you that these are going to be implemented because we receive so many feature requests that we have to make a selection.